Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An update, nearly 14 months into the game

I've decided to start updating this thing. Hopefully you guys will get some enjoyment out of the random little updates I can put in here!

Hannah figured out how to climb down from the bed. Apparently Nate was going to the bathroom yesterday morning and when he left the room she was still sleeping. He heard something in the hallway and figured it was Oz but the door opened and Hannah came tearing in with a diaper in her hand. At least she didn't fall?

So last night we decided to put her to the test to see how exactly she got down. Wouldn't you know it, she turned herself onto her belly, stretched her little toes as far as she could (you'd think she's part Inspector Gadget, part Stretch Armstrong with the way she was straining) and plopped herself down on the floor in no time. Nate was laughing hysterically, I was just kind of in shock. She's way too smart for OUR own good! I'm so glad she gets it though. I'd much rather clean up an unexpected mess than have her fall off the bed, that's for sure.

She is walking so well now. It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago she would only take tentative steps, because you'd never know it looking at her today! She loves to explore the house and walk under the kitchen table (she's getting a bit tall for that though), babbling the whole time. She sort of resembles a drunken sailor at times but of course... everything in due time. Currently, her favorite thing to do is walk in circles while holding an item in one hand: a baby doll, my sock, you know. Whatever's closest. It's hilarious.



As you can see from the picture above, she has really discovered the joy of solid food lately. She's super into eating tuna fish sandwiches, cheese, chicken, pork chops, crackers, and pasta. Sometimes all in the same sitting! Nursing is still going really well; she loves the boobie just as much as she ever did. At times I wish she could live without it (like when she's juuuuuuuust about to fall asleep and needs to nurse), but other times I'm so glad we're in it for the long haul. It's a nice way to get back in touch with her every night, especially if we've had a rough day.

Alright. I suppose I'm done now. Do I have any readers?

2 comments:

  1. You have a reader!!! Yea for blogging ;). Hannah is such a doll! You are a lucky mamma!!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete